the word's word
"A man shall never know death if he keeps My word." —John 8:52
Because Jesus is God, the great I AM (Jn 8:58), His words are "living and effective" (Heb 4:12), and "spirit and life" (Jn 6:63). If we keep Jesus' words, we "shall never see death" (Jn 8:51).
This shows why the teachings of the Church and her Bible are so important. It also indicates the great importance of One Bread, One Body and other books which help us live God's Word. Therefore,
- read, pray, and share God's Word daily,
- love, live, and obey God's Word,
- work and do anything you can to reach as many people as possible as deeply as possible with God's precious life-saving Word,
- persevere in proclaiming God's Word "whether convenient or inconvenient — correcting, reproving, appealing — constantly teaching and never losing patience" (2 Tm 4:2), and
- "pray for us that the word of the Lord may make progress and be hailed by many others, even as it has been by you" (2 Thes 3:1).
Jesus promised: "I solemnly assure you, if a man is true to My word, he shall never see death" (Jn 8:51).
Prayer: Father, give me a hunger for Your Word greater than my hunger for food (see Mt 4:4).
Promise: "You and your descendants after you must keep My covenant throughout the ages." —Gn 17:9
Praise: St. Patrick prayed, studied, struggled to bring the good news to those who had enslaved him. He taught forgiveness to his enemies who would, in turn, be the people God chose to evangelize Europe.
Reference: (Jesus' words in the Beatitudes have power and hope. Attend a retreat April 15-17, The Kingdom of God; The Beatitude Attitude. Call 513-373-2397 or 937-587-5464 for more information or to register.)
Rescript: †Most Reverend Joseph R. Binzer, Auxiliary Bishop, Vicar General of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, September 28, 2015
The Nihil Obstat ("Permission to Publish") is a declaration that a book or pamphlet is considered to be free of doctrinal or moral error. It is not implied that those who have granted the Nihil Obstat agree with the contents, opinions, or statements expressed.