"the breadth and length and heightand depth" of love (eph 3:18)
"If we love one another God dwells in us." —1 John 4:12
The vision of the Sacred Heart of Jesus is probably the most powerful prophecy in history. The picture of the Sacred Heart continues to open millions of people to the unconditional love God the Father has for them. The Sacred Heart of Jesus proclaims a God Who loves us so much that:
- He became a human being.
- He suffered and died on the cross for us.
- He makes Himself present under the appearances of bread and wine.
- He literally lives inside us.
- He will come back to take us with Him, and we will be perfectly happy with Him forever in heaven.
- He disciplines and chastises us to prevent us from damnation (see Heb 12:7).
- He will never reject us even if we reject Him (Jn 6:37).
- He respects our freedom to the point that He lets us choose to decide to go to hell forever (see Dt 7:10).
- No eyes have seen, no ears have heard, nor has it even dawned on our minds what He has prepared for us (1 Cor 2:9).
The Sacred Heart of Jesus proclaims that God's love for us is forgiving, merciful, unconditional, crucified, infinite, perfect, everlasting, Trinitarian, eucharistic, and mysterious. May we "come to know and to believe in the love God has for us" (1 Jn 4:16). Sacred Heart of Jesus, have mercy on us.
Prayer: Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place my trust in You.
Promise: "Come to Me, all you who are weary and find life burdensome, and I will refresh you." —Mt 11:28
Praise: Praise the Heart of Jesus, on fire with love for us!
Reference: (For a related teaching, order our tape Love on audio AV 58-1 or video V-58.)
Rescript: †Most Reverend Joseph R. Binzer, Auxiliary Bishop, Vicar General of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, January 2, 2014
The Nihil Obstat ("Permission to Publish") is a declaration that a book or pamphlet is considered to be free of doctrinal or moral error. It is not implied that those who have granted the Nihil Obstat agree with the contents, opinions, or statements expressed.