"Since you have been raised up in company with Christ..." —Colossians 3:1
Happy Easter! As the heavenly messengers said, let us "remember what" Jesus told us to expect after the cross (see Lk 24:6):
- "The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men, who will put Him to death, and He will be raised up on the third day" (Mt 17:22-23).
- "After I am raised up, I will go to Galilee ahead of you" (Mk 14:28).
- "Do not tell anyone of the vision until the Son of Man rises from the dead" (Mt 17:9).
- "I lay down My life to take it up again. No one takes it from Me; I lay it down freely. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it up again" (Jn 10:17-18).
- The "world...cannot hold Me" (Jn 8:23).
- "I tell you this: soon you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of the Power and coming on the clouds of heaven" (Mt 26:64).
"You have been raised up in company with Christ" (Col 3:1). "Your life is hidden now with Christ in God" (Col 3:3). "Be intent on things above rather than on things of earth" (Col 3:2). Serve the risen Son. "Bear witness that" Jesus is risen (Acts 10:42). Like Mary Magdalene, run and tell a hurting world that Jesus is "the Resurrection and the Life" (Jn 11:25). Alleluia!
Prayer: Jesus, give me a risen tongue and a risen vocabulary. May I speak to all of risen freedom in You.
Promise: "Everyone who believes in Him has forgiveness of sins through His name." —Acts 10:43
Praise: "This is the day the Lord has made; let us be glad and rejoice" (Ps 118:24). Alleluia! We are free indeed! (Jn 8:36)
Reference: (This teaching was submitted by a member of our editorial team.)
Rescript: †Most Reverend Joseph R. Binzer, Auxiliary Bishop, Vicar General of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, October 30, 2013
The Nihil Obstat ("Permission to Publish") is a declaration that a book or pamphlet is considered to be free of doctrinal or moral error. It is not implied that those who have granted the Nihil Obstat agree with the contents, opinions, or statements expressed.