Recommitment Mass 2020
Highlights of the Annual Recommitment Mass
Novemeber 20, 2020
St Antonius Church
Each year PM members; HBC, Ministries Leaders, Directors and Co-Workers come together to recommit their Covent or Networking commitment. The following is excerpts from the Commitment Mass presided by Fr. Niby.
BE DISCIPLES WHO MAKE DISCIPLES.
Homily – Fr. Niby
Mass Reading Matt 25:14-30 The Parable of the Talents: lt will be as when a man who was going on o journey called in his servants and entrusted his possessions to them. To one he gave five talents; to another, two to a third, one -to each according to his ability....
This parable is more than just protecting their Master's wealth or possessions, a good steward will also find ways to grow and improve it. Specifically, each member of Presentation Ministries is being challenged to grow PM with his giftedness, How?
- Invite People to attend various functions
- Distribute One Bread One Body
- Be a witness for others
- Use the spiritual gifts; Use them or lose them.
- Get involved
- Develop a How to plan and adhere to it
- Critique the plan and adjust.
- Listen: sit quietly with the scripture and see
HOW IS THE HOLY SPIRIT CALLING YOU?
Recommitment Reflection and Exhortation – by Paul Egan
- In preparing for this time of recommitment, the word which has been coming to me repeatedly is “Disciples Who Make Disciples”
- What is a disciple? One who imitates Jesus in His character and in His ministry.
- A true disciple of Jesus Christ makes other disciples. Jesus commanded in The Great Commission, Mt 28:20: “Go and make disciples of all the nations”
- We who are disciples of Jesus Christ are to “go and make disciples” of others.
- You might ask: How do I go about making disciples? You might not know exactly how to make a disciple.
- Parents make disciples by conceiving and having and raising and training that child to be a disciple
- But what do parents do to raise their children to be disciples of Jesus Christ?
- Presentation Ministries actually specializes in making disciples.
- At PM, we actually have a place dedicated to making disciples. It’s called the Our Lady of Guadalupe Discipleship Center, a center of activity whose emphasis is to make disciples of Jesus Christ
- At PM, we have a program to intentionally make disciples. It’s called the Discipleship Program. It’s a 40-day program, composed of over a dozen retreats. It can be done over several years. At the completion of the program, you are a fully trained disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Your children and you adults can be trained to be disciples. There are brochures available – see the side aisle. Show the people one of these brochures.
- Late in my parenting, it occurred to me that I could “make my children disciples” by having them go through the 40-Day Discipleship Program. I never quite got that idea translated into reality, though. But it is a good way to help your children to become disciples.
- At PM, we also have the Guadalupe Bible College – it trains disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Are you already a disciple of Jesus Christ? One way you can help make other disciples is by offering your help to the Lady of Guadalupe Discipleship Center and the Guadalupe Bible College programs.