GBC Homw Study Students
Home Study Students
"The tapes, i.e., the teachings themselves seem to be opening a whole new world for me — those same Scriptures that I've read before or heard, come alive through these teachings. It is very exciting."
Student, Smithville, WV
- Home study courses and seminars are available only for those committed to taking the full college program.
- Each home study student will be assigned a teacher for each course or seminar.
- 80% of the college program can be done through home study. The remaining portion must include classroom participation. Exceptions are made for prisoners, non-USA students and persons with extenuating circumstances.
- Homework is assigned for each session.
- The following elements need to be integrated:
- the primacy of learning from direct contact with a teacher and in the context of Christian community.
- a schedule compatible with the time constraints of the average lay Christian.
- full use of media: books, audio and video recordings.
- challenging but reasonable demands made on the students.
- Responses to the teachings include: prayer, writing, teaching, ministry, research
- The assignment for each session should take from 2 to 4 hours to complete.
- Sample assignments are available upon request.