on the threshold of...
“In a time of favor I answer you, on the day of salvation I help you.” —Isaiah 49:8
We have been fasting for four weeks to prepare for Easter. What will the Lord do this Easter?
1) Some who feel forsaken and forgotten will be assured of the Lord’s tender love (see Is 49:14-15). At first, this will not change the distressing circumstances of their lives, but will dramatically change their attitude toward them.
2) Long-term desolation will be replaced by restoration (Is 49:8).
3) Many people trapped in the prison and darkness of sin will come out and show themselves (Is 49:9).
4) Through a series of miracles, many of you will return from a self-imposed exile in the world into life in God’s kingdom (see Is 49:9-12).
5) The heavens, earth, and mountains will sing because of the comfort and mercy the Lord will give us (Is 49:13).
6) At least hundreds of thousands of people will pass from death to life by hearing the Lord’s Word and believing in Him (Jn 5:24).
The risen Lord will do several million other things this upcoming Easter season. We are on the threshold of an awesome outpouring of the Lord’s love and grace. Prepare to share in Easter 2023. Repent, confess, forgive, give, pray, fast, witness, heal, obey, believe, and love. Come, risen Lord Jesus!
Prayer: Father, may this be the Lent of a lifetime and the springtime of my life in the Spirit.
Promise: “An hour is coming in which all those in their tombs shall hear His voice and come forth.” —Jn 5:28
Praise: Brenda goes to Confession weekly. She desires to be all that Jesus desires.
Rescript: "In accord with the Code of Canon Law, I hereby grant the Nihil Obstat for the publication One Bread, One Body covering the time period from February 1, 2023 through March 31, 2023. Reverend Steve J. Angi, Chancellor, Vicar General, Archdiocese of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio June 15, 2022"
The Nihil Obstat ("Permission to Publish") is a declaration that a book or pamphlet is considered to be free of doctrinal or moral error. It is not implied that those who have granted the Nihil Obstat agree with the contents, opinions, or statements expressed.