stop the abortion of christmas
"He ordered the massacre of all the boys two years old and under in Bethlehem." —Matthew 2:16
Christmas is the celebration of life. We celebrate the birthday of God-made-Man, Jesus. However, the Christmases of the past thirty-plus years have been the deadliest in history because of the abortion of millions of babies. To stop this child-killing and put life back into Christmas, we must:
- Obey every command of God, even if He tells us to get up in the middle of the night and go to Egypt (Mt 2:13-14).
- Love the modern Herods into God's kingdom by forgiving them, praying and suffering for them, and sharing the love of Jesus with them.
- Repent of apathy and lack of faith. "If we acknowledge our sins, He Who is just can be trusted to forgive our sins and cleanse us from every wrong" (1 Jn 1:9).
- Realize that our battle is not against human beings but against the devil (Eph 6:12). By prayer and fasting we can drive out the demons of abortion (see Mt 17:21, NAB).
- Fix our eyes on Jesus (Heb 12:2). He can raise aborted babies from the dead, forgive those who killed them, and save us all from death and damnation. Jesus is the Lord of life.
Prayer: Baby Jesus, may Christmas, and children, not be aborted but restored.
Promise: Jesus "is an Offering for our sins, and not for our sins only, but for those of the whole world." —1 Jn 2:2
Praise: The Holy Innocents were but the first of many innocents who silently witness of Christ, Life, and Love. Praise You, Jesus, "the Resurrection and the Life" (Jn 11:25).
Reference: (For a related teaching, order our leaflet, How to Stop Abortion, or our tape on audio AV 46-3 or video V-46.)
Rescript: †Reverend Joseph R. Binzer, Vicar General of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, May 28, 2010
The Nihil Obstat ("Permission to Publish") is a declaration that a book or pamphlet is considered to be free of doctrinal or moral error. It is not implied that those who have granted the Nihil Obstat agree with the contents, opinions, or statements expressed.