an easter diagnosis
"With power the apostles bore witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus." —Acts 4:33
How deeply do you believe in the risen Christ? Consider the following questions:
- Is your relationship with Him so encompassing that you gravitate to those who are also preoccupied with Him? (see Acts 4:32)
- Has your experience of the risen Christ caused you to have an attitude of detachment toward material possessions?
- Does everything seem unimportant compared to the resurrection?
- Does everything derive importance only as it is useful in serving to proclaim the resurrection?
- Is your major priority to reach as many millions as possible as deeply as possible with the message of the resurrection?
- If God commanded you, would you easily and joyfully liquidate your property to be used for the Church's mission of community and evangelization? (see Acts 4:34ff)
Your answers to these questions will indicate how deeply you have encountered the risen Christ. He wants us to accept our baptismal graces and live in Christian community as His witnesses with a boldness, freedom, and hope, which is shocking and incomprehensible to the world. Let the risen Christ take over your life. Live the radical newness of the resurrection.
Prayer: Father, show me where I am resisting You.
Promise: "...so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that all who believe may have eternal life in Him." —Jn 3:14-15
Praise: Although Josephine is the only person who comes to eucharistic adoration on Mondays, she remains faithful and looks forward to her date with Jesus.
Reference: (For related teaching, order our leaflet, Risen Life, or our audio tapes AV4A-1, AV4A-3, AV4B-1, AV4B-3, or our video tape series that starts with V4A.)
Nihil Obstat: Reverend Giles H. Pater, November 15, 2001
Imprimatur: †Most Reverend Carl K. Moeddel, Vicar General and Auxiliary Bishop of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, November 16, 2001