North American Network of Charismatic Communities NAN
North American Network of Charismatic Covenant Communities launched on February 27th 2020
Brothers and Sisters, during the celebration of Pentecost last year the Holy Father announced CHARIS as a new service organization to bring together all expressions of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal, recognized as a “current of grace”, to further the outpouring of the Holy Spirit to renew the Church. Presentation Ministries will be registering with CHARIS (https://www.charis.international/en/home/) and fully supports the objectives of CHARIS.
Over the last few years Presentation Ministries has developed relationship with communities throughout the United States. In developing these relationships we have developed a close personal relationship with leaders of some of these communities, especially Alleluia Community in Augusta, GA. We discovered that the Holy Spirit would often speak a similar message to different communities and that many of us had very similar challenges and could share lessons learned.
In support of CHARIS’ objectives the leaders of these communities have come together to create a new entity that will allow the developing relationships to continue. We have partnered with CHARIS leadership in setting up this new entity so that it is fully aligned with CHARIS and does not do anything that would hinder or limit our individual and collective response to the overall mission of CHARIS.
The new entity is called the North American Network of Charismatic Covenant Communities or North American Network for short (NAN). We envision this Network will be similar to networks of communities in other regions such as the European Network of Communities (or ENC https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKktTS-q1CCnia9zftjBXhA).
The founding members of the North American Network are:
- Alleluia Community (Augusta)
- Christian Community of God’s Delight (Dallas)
- City of the Lord Community (Phoenix and California)
- Communidad M.A. Association (Brownsville)
- Community of Joy of the Spirit (Los Angeles)
- Glory to God Community (Topeka)
- Love One Another Community (Calgary)
- Mother of God Community (Gaithersburg)
- New Creation Community (Virginia Beach)
- Presentation Ministries (Cincinnati)
Below is some of the common priorities that we agreed to:
- Build relationships among NAN leaders based on our mutual love and trust (Phil 2:1-4). Our experience is that we inspire and need one another.
- Help one another in common challenges, growing in spiritual formation, personal and communal holiness (Isaiah 11:2-4, 2 Cor 7:1), supporting our youth, raising up new leaders, responding to the Holy Spirit in ministry and use of the spiritual gifts (1 Cor 12:7-11, Eph 4:11- 12), serving the renewal of the Body of Christ, and more …).
- Let our witness be our love for one another (1 John 3:23) and our covenant life (Mal 2:5, 2 Cor 3:4-6) as a people of God (1 Pet 2:10).
- Collaborate in mission (Christian unity and reconciliation, bringing baptism in the Holy Spirit (Act 2:38) to the whole Church, serving the poor and the underserved).
- NAN will not demand that others within NAN to agree with, accept or employ our positions and/or opinions
We are very excited about the launching of the North American Network of Charismatic Covenant Communities (NAN) and expect that we will look back for many years at its founding and see the Holy Spirit still at work.
Mark Mussman, Deacon George Schmidl, Judy Erwin, Jerry Cappel
Directors, Presentation Ministries