Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
As we approach Pentecost let us pray for a fresh outpouring of the Spirit for the Church and for the whole world. Join us in praying the Pentecost novena which begins on June 3. Let us pray to "stir into flame the gift of God" (2 Tm 1:6) in our lives God's wonderful plan can be accomplished in each of us (see Jer 29:11). Come, Holy Spirit, set our hearts on fire!
We pray that the Word of God truly becomes "living and effective" (Heb 4:12) in each reader of One Bread, One Body (OBOB). The Lord has done wonderful things through OBOB and we want to share some details about this ministry with you:
- OBOB has been published for over 27 years and currently prints about 125,000 copies of each issue.
- Most OBOB teachings are written two years in advance with much prayer before the Blessed Sacrament.
- Each teaching is reviewed by the chancery of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, OH.
- OBOB is published by a team of over seventy-five people who write, edit, review, package and mail. All of them freely volunteer their time and talents to this ministry.
- There are over 2,000 distributors of OBOB who share it with prayer groups, parishes, friends and coworkers.
- Our website (presentationministries.com) has an archive of 5,500 OBOB teachings that are searchable. About 3,000 people a day access OBOB on our website.
- Over 10,000 people around the world receive OBOB daily via e-mail. You can sign-up on our website.
- OBOB is reprinted in other countries and languages.
- There is no "cover price" for OBOB, because we rely on readers to make donations as the Spirit leads them. Thank you for following the Spirit's lead, making OBOB affordable to everyone, and sharing it with others.
Please join us for the Bible Institute which celebrates its 25th anniversary this year! It begins on July 22 and more info can be found on the Bible Institute page.
May God bless you and bless this booklet abundantly!
Your brothers in Jesus,
Deacon George Schmidl, Mark Schuermann, and Chris Jasek
(Directors of Presentation Ministries)
June 1, 2011