Because we all have inherited a nature fallen due to sin, we all have been or are partially blind spiritually. This applies to Christian leaders as well, therefore, the spiritually blind frequently lead the spiritually blind. Before our redemption by Christ, there was no other possibility. Before Christ, we were doomed to fall into the ditch of slavery, self-hatred, damnation, and hell. Before Christ, we were doomed to lead even the people we most love into the ditch of terrifying, everlasting self-destruction.
Jesus has saved us from spiritual blindness, from the ditch of hell, and from destroying forever even those we love. Because of what Jesus has done for us, we should:
- thank Him always (1 Thes 5:18; Eph 5:20),
- accept His grace to overcome all temptations to sin and thereby never return to blindness,
- preach the gospel (1 Cor 9:16),
- make ourselves the slaves "of all so as to win over as many as possible" (1 Cor 9:19),
- do all that we "do for the sake of the gospel" (1 Cor 9:23), and
- discipline our bodies and master them so that we will persevere in the faith (1 Cor 9:27) and reach even the hardest hearts.
Jesus has saved us from a fate far worse than death. Thank You, Jesus!